Gardening in Vienna Public Housing
Since 2011, Wohnpartner Wien has offered residents of public housing the opportunity to start their own garden beds. It supports ambitious gardeners as well as beginners, from first steps to flourishing gardens and vegetable beds. There are several different ways to garden, including flower beds, mobile beds, and community gardens.
are small plant beds in the housing complex, maintained by individual residents.
- Enjoy plants and be ready to garden!
- Be willing to abandon fruits and vegetables
are raised beds placed in the housing courtyard at request, cared for by residents.
- Find neighbors to join in the work
- Set aside enough time for planting, maintenance, and harvest
- Be willing to look after a neighbor’s garden or share a raised bed
- Be tolerant of garden damage, such as a missing vegetable or plant
are spaces where residents of a housing complex can garden together.
- Involve neighbors who are enthusiastic gardeners like you
- Be willing to start a garden association
- Be ready to engage in group dynamics
- Be creative!
- Be open to diversity, different opinions, and outside perspectives
Wohnpartner Wien is available to assist with the garden approval process and community conflict prevention, as well as general advice.